Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dpatter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:36:42 AM(UTC)
dpatter

Groups: Registered

New to the site..., looking for some assistance, 2 questions actually. Have a 3 door (french doors/bottom freezer) LG fridge (that I'm beginning to hate). Their customer service is useless. It appears as though the parts are discontinued, and I was told that my best bet is to sit on a backorder list indefinitely.

Have an error code 'Er IF', testing the resistivity is appears the electric motor in the ice maker fan is bad. To add, we had the main PC board replaced about 6 months ago do to other issues, so I'd imagine that's working properly..., so anyway:

1. The heating element failed too, and I replaced that last night, fridge is working again (just with the error code on the display). I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can continue to use the fridge as is. Is the 'main' cooling fan in these type fridges typically pulling enough to keep the fridge and freezer working properly, assuming the heating element doesn't fail again? I'll just be down an ice maker in the interim.

2. I can not find a schematic of the ice maker fan assembly (part 5209JA1044A) anywhere. The fan spins freely, plastic assembly is in tact, just the motor (I think) is shot. It's easy to take out, but I have no idea how to order a replacement for just the motor. I'd imagine these are fairly universal or at least easy to get..., any help on figuring out the part number for the motor, in the fan assembly, alone would be appreciated.

Fairly new to all this, so apologies ahead of time if I'm overlooking something trivial. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.