Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Avenger291  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 7:50:15 PM(UTC)
Avenger291

Groups: Registered

Hello,
Came home a few days ago and fridge displayed CE error code o both temp displays. Unplugged for 5 min and plugged back in error cleared. Next morning woke up to clicking and restarting every few seconds and CE displayed again. unplugged and waited 5 min again seemed to work fine.
Freezer and fridge getting to desired temps. came home from work today and CE error again. this time it would not restart after unplugging.
Just keeps clicking (clicking is coming from main control board) and trying to run compressor.
I followed similar advice from here and unplugged main board and re-plugged, also did same for touch display board. checked connections at compressor as well all were clean and tight.

Since it seemed to be cooling as expected and the compressor was only warm to the touch when it was running does this eliminate compressor as problem?
Is there a way to test compressor?
I found main board for 124.00 but not sure if this is the problem?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Avenger291  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:59:47 PM(UTC)
Avenger291

Originally Posted by: Avenger291 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Came home a few days ago and fridge displayed CE error code o both temp displays. Unplugged for 5 min and plugged back in error cleared. Next morning woke up to clicking and restarting every few seconds and CE displayed again. unplugged and waited 5 min again seemed to work fine.
Freezer and fridge getting to desired temps. came home from work today and CE error again. this time it would not restart after unplugging.
Just keeps clicking (clicking is coming from main control board) and trying to run compressor.
I followed similar advice from here and unplugged main board and re-plugged, also did same for touch display board. checked connections at compressor as well all were clean and tight.

Since it seemed to be cooling as expected and the compressor was only warm to the touch when it was running does this eliminate compressor as problem?
Is there a way to test compressor?
I found main board for 124.00 but not sure if this is the problem?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Has anyone had similar issues?
Really not sure which way to go on this issue.

Thanks,
Mike
Michelle1978  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:24:36 PM(UTC)
Michelle1978

Just came home to same problem.....could you please advise how you were able to fix the issue.

Thank you,
Michelle
Avenger291  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:55:03 PM(UTC)
Avenger291

Originally Posted by: Michelle1978 Go to Quoted Post
Just came home to same problem.....could you please advise how you were able to fix the issue.

Thank you,
Michelle

Michelle,

I fixed mine by replacing the main board located behind the front kick plate. It is under the freezer side and will fit out through the opening in the front. It is held in by s metsl cover with a phillips screw.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Michelle1978  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:29:09 PM(UTC)
Michelle1978

Thanks for the info. Where did you buy the part and was it very expensive?
Avenger291  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:56:21 PM(UTC)
Avenger291

Originally Posted by: Michelle1978 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the info. Where did you buy the part and was it very expensive?

I found it at ************************.com 129.00 plus shipping.
They have a great return policy. Make sure you get the one fir your exact model #.
terdchaser  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:21:49 PM(UTC)
terdchaser

Originally Posted by: Avenger291 Go to Quoted Post
I found it at ************************.com 129.00 plus shipping.
They have a great return policy. Make sure you get the one fir your exact model #.

We have an EW23CS65GW1 that has the same problem now for over 2 weeks...Finally found a reputable parts supply:D and have ordered an new main board and switch interface:eek: ! Been on other sites and the combination of the upgraded board and touch screen seem to solve the problem. Please add this model number to the Ooops factor list! Will report back with results!

Paul
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply