Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Repair myself  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:17:08 PM(UTC)
Repair myself

Groups: Registered

Hi guys new to this forum. I'd like to say I'm a typical do it your self kind of guy who prefers to fix my own things to save my money when ever I can.

Recently the PTC Relay and Overload burnt out on my fridge because the door was left open for too long and the compressor ran to long overheating the parts.

In any case I ordered the Replacement kit for my Frige 8201799 and when I got the kit it was all ok except for the Start Relay PTC only has 2 terminlas one for run and one for start where as the original PTC Relay has Three terminals. One for Run, one to Run Cap on the same side as Run Terminal and then one from the Cap to the Start side of the PTC/Compressor.

So after a little research and opeing up of the orginal PTC I learned that I could make a jumper or a Y connection from the White Neutral wire that connects to the Run side or M of the Compressor and PTC terminal in order to have the other wire needed to go to the Run Capacitor for the Start side of the PTC and Compressor.

I made the Y cable, hooked it up and hoped I connected every thing correctly and plugged it in and the frige ran fine. I did notice it seemed like the fridge wanted to keep running constantly w/the temp settings to both the freezer and frige side set in the middle at 5. So I turned them down to 2 and today I can see the frige turn off and on like it should.

The biggest concern I have is my wiring from the White Neutral Wire where I made the Y cable that goes from the Run M side of the PTC into the Run Capacitor and back to the Start side of the PTC.

As is I have the blue wire coming from the PTC Run side into the Cap and white out of the cap to the Start side of PTC as shown in the diagram I made.

What worries me is I think I may have the connections reversed on the Run Cap and it may cause the cap to die or worse yet the Cap and the new PTC and Overload.
Repair myself attached the following image(s):
Frige Wiring.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.