Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tjl  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 10:56:56 PM(UTC)
tjl

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator keeps running constantly after I replaced the main board last Friday. The old main board made tick-tack sounds and the compressor won't start a couple of weeks ago.

Here is my simple diagnosis. I set temperature control dials for both freezer and frig to 5 and let it ran overnight. The freezer side was freezing cold and my wet hand even got stuck on the side panel. The fresh food side was more or less below 32F because I noticed ice in a water bottle. The refrigerator continued running after I turned both temperature control dials from 5 to 1. However, it stopped when the freezer control was set to 0. Then I set the freezer temperature control from 0 to 1 and closed both doors, the refrigerator didn't start working until about a hour later.

It seems the temperature sensors and thermostats are working properly because the frig didn't start immediately when I turned the dial from 0 to 1. It waited until inside temperature increased. The compressor, condenser, evaporator fan should also be fine because both compartments are getting really cold. What could be the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:22:07 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did you follow the directions supplied with the motherboard and clip a thermistor lead on J1 connector if needed?
tjl  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:21:17 AM(UTC)
tjl

There was nothing in J1 connector. See the photo taken before replacement:
image | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:44:31 AM(UTC)
richappy

Looks like you did not put the connectors in properly, pins must line up right.
tjl  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:48:32 AM(UTC)
tjl

The photo was taken before I changed the main board. It's how it looked like from the factory.
yusofat  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 10:58:14 AM(UTC)
yusofat

I just replaced the Main Control Board (WR55X10942) to get my fridge (PTS22SHSARSS) to work again. It's been sitting for several months after I cleaned everything out after noticed it not cooling. It is cooling now and the freezer is @ -10F and has NOT stop running.

Now, the temperature control display is no longer working. It worked before I unplugged everything. Could this be the reason the refrigerator is constantly on? I don't know if it's the Temperature Control Board, Thermostat, or Setpoint Control display.

Note: I did not cut the jumper wire because the instructions for the main board indicated it was only for bottom freezer models.

Can I put a mechanical timer on this until I can get this fixed or should I just let it run? Will it damage the refrigerator?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
richappy  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 4:41:38 PM(UTC)
richappy

The motherboard sends signals to the display encoder, you just might have a defective board assuming you plugged in everything right.
yusofat  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:06:27 AM(UTC)
yusofat

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
The motherboard sends signals to the display encoder, you just might have a defective board assuming you plugged in everything right.

ok. so the refrigerator finally stopped running but my temperatures are lower than I want them. -5 deg F in the freezer. since the temperature display won't display a temperature, I'm guessing there's not a way to manually set a desired temperature right?

I've ordered a new Main Control Board but in the mean time, is there a wayt to trouble shoot this with a multi-meter.
richappy  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 1:28:02 PM(UTC)
richappy

No real test for this problem except replace the board and hope for the best.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply