Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
broh  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 10:07:16 AM(UTC)
broh

Groups: Registered

The fridge in question is a GE Profile side by side model with digital displays. My mother's fridge, but being a dutiful son.... She came home after being away for a few days and found her fridge had gone warm and all her food was ruined. Still had power in that the lights in the fridge and the freezer come on when the doors are opened. She's not sure of the age of the fridge, but probably getting on 8 years now. Did a little research and everything seemed to point to the main control board. The control board was under "service advisory" so GE sent me a new one at a steep discount. Apparently I could have gotten it for free a few months ago, but who knew. Replaced the main control board, but no change! Still only power to the lights, the digital displays don't light up and the compressor doesn't fire up. Rechecked to make sure I had the board in correctly, and I do. Any ideas?

Please note the correct model number is PSS26LGSABB. I accidently put in the model number for my malfunctioning d/w. When it rains....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.