Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jlaval  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:02:52 AM(UTC)
jlaval

Groups: Registered

My problem is the refrigerator seems to being having a problem trying to "kick" on. When it does you can hear it going through a power cycle several times in a row in a matter of a few seconds. During which time the Power failure light and "beeping" sounds go off on the front panel. Kind of like when you loose power in your home and then it comes back on and you have to reset the panel on the unit.
Last night it went off three times in a matter of a few hours. I had to get up out of bed and reset the front panel. For the last few days this has been happening.
With that being said. The temp for the freezer side and cold-air side are still fine with the correct temp displayed on the front panel.
Could this be the compressor run capacitor or starter?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:53:46 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Try hooking an extension cord to another outlet somewhere off that circuit and see if your unit still does it......if it doesn't you have an electrical issue in your breaker or wiring. Start there
jlaval  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:15:55 AM(UTC)
jlaval

Thanks for your reply. I did think of that for a split second. But since the house is only 6 years old and nothing else is happing with other outlets. I came to the conclusion that's its the fridge. I've already had to replace both boards in my stove and dishwasher. I've had nothing but problems with the Frigidaire Professional series which were bought brand new less then 4 years ago.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:39:10 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You probably have a hard starting compressor during peak energy use periods. Pull the fridg out and check the compressor to see if it is hard starting.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:10:01 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Put your appliances (can't put refrigerator on power strip it'll trip it) on surge supressors it's helpful to save the electronics seems like you have either really lousy components or voltage problems going to your appliances that your breakers aren't catching it's common around here with PGE and dirty power damaging things in the house.
jlaval  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:25:28 AM(UTC)
jlaval

***Update*** Woke up this morning...Had SY and CE errors on display, unplugged and waited a few minutes. When plugged back in it beeps, click from the main board, and it tries to start up but then immediately dies. It does this over and over. When it dies everything dies including the lights and the indicators on the control panel

Just ordered a Main Switch board...hopefully this will fix the problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply