Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larbear  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 7:24:21 PM(UTC)
larbear

Groups: Registered

Hello...after searching here (and now unable to find where I got my info) I'm second guessing my parts purchase.
I ordered a heater, evaporator #67001794 and a thermostat #67003426 that will arrive on Tuesday 8/27.
I found the fins behind the freezer frozen up....thawed it out and restarted fridge....it froze up again...repeated and tried putting control in defrost mode but that didn't seem to be effective. I found something in the forum...that said the freezing for this model should be one of the upper noted parts or control #12784415....but....since the set to defrost wasn't working I thought the other two may be the problem. As I had this serviced (with a control board being replaced earlier) it seems the service tech made off with my control board trouble tech sheet.
Sorry for the long story but am I on the right track? Replace those two parts and if that doesn't cure...go to the control board?
Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:03:35 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
See the attachment for a tech sheet.
You seem to be missing a digit or two at the end of your model number.
The sheet is for an ABB2222FEW3

It should allow you to run some defrost system diagnostics.
Note that the defrost thermostat must be frozen for the defrost heater to come on.
File Attachment(s):
ABB2222.pdf (721kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
larbear  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:45:20 AM(UTC)
larbear

Thank You.....I'll give those a try (I've unplugged the fridge..as I wait for the parts from appliancepartspro of course....and appreciate the help!
larbear  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:02:16 PM(UTC)
larbear

Originally Posted by: larbear Go to Quoted Post
Thank You.....I'll give those a try (I've unplugged the fridge..as I wait for the parts from appliancepartspro of course....and appreciate the help!

I'm new and hope I'm doing this right.....With DENMAN'S help with the service test info...and ran through the 9 service tests....all seem okay except Service Test 3 Evaporator/Freezer Fan test (I'm assuming part ap4323896 at the lower left rear of the fridge is the fan in question) The fan does not switch on/off with the test but when the test mode was over the fan activated when back to normal run situation.
Does this mean there is a problem with the control board?
My initial problem was the freezer fins behind the freezer panel were frozen over (freezer was cold/refrigerator warm) I thawed it out and restarted in a few days it froze up again. Now after having it off long enough to thaw out, there still is no cold in refrigerator but freezer is fine. I haven't removed the back panel again but the tell-tale icing in the vents aren't showing up and the freezer is cold but refrigerator is very warm??????
larbear  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:11:12 PM(UTC)
larbear

I changed out the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat...started the fridge and get no cooling in the refrigerator section. The freezer seems to be cooling down okay. I've had it on about three hours NO COOLING IN REFRIGERATOR....FREEZER IS NOW DOWN TO 18...Fridge is 70's......any advice on next step?
The unit originally was frozen in the freezer section and wouldn't thaw with forced defrost.
denman  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:32:48 AM(UTC)
denman

Is the evaporator/freezer fan running?

If you do the diagnostic for damper (open it) do you feel cold air entering the fresh food section.
larbear  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:38:32 AM(UTC)
larbear

not sure how to communicate in the forum..so apologize if I'm double posting!
I think the evaporator fan w10128551 is the culprit???? Fan doesn't go on in test 3.....no air is felt thru open damper.....is there another test I should do or just replace?
denman  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:46:11 AM(UTC)
denman

You could check across the fan for 120 volts.
If it has 120 and does not turn, then it is toast.

Another way is to remove it from the unit and hook a line cord to it to see if it will run. The problem with this test is it is more dangerous unless you know what you are doing. Also sometimes the fans run when warm but not when cold.

The following may help with your install.
Part number: AP4366692
larbear  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:08:42 AM(UTC)
larbear

Okay...thanks for the quick reply....looks like I dig in again....I'm guessing if this isn't bad...it goes to control board (jazz)?
larbear  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:13:04 AM(UTC)
larbear

Denman
I took off the back...checked the connection...pushed on fan blade (heard a sound like it popped)...plugged the fridge in and the fan started. I checked up top and the damper opened and cool air was coming into top.
Maybe the fan got jammed when the area was frozen over so bad in the first place? Anyhow I put everything back together and will wait a while to see if it cools????? Could that have been the prob? I'll report back.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply