Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Another unique username  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:10:48 AM(UTC)
Another unique username

Groups: Registered

With no timing pattern I've nailed down, the custom cool drawer at the bottom of my SBS GE fridge periodically freezes, getting as low as 18 degrees which is also cold enough to freeze the vegetable drawer right above it. The damper in the custom cool drawer between freezer and fridge is open when the problem occurs; the fan in the drawer is running sometimes, other times not.

I've removed the dual damper and benched tested with a 12VDC power supply; it opens and closes as it (seemingly) should. I reinstalled the damper in the closed position. Turned on custom cool, "Meat" setting (set point of 31 degrees). For a day all was good, drawer stayed around 32 degrees. Two days later, the damper is open and the drawer is at 23 degrees and dropping. The fan is on.

BTW, the temperature display for the drawer (at the top of the fridge) is accurate, checked with external thermometer, so that part of the system *seems* to be ok.

Question: is there a diagnostic test for this model fridge that will check the parts of the customer cool drawer (a dual damper, a single damper, a fan, and a heater) and the motherboard. I'm ok replacing parts, but would like to narrow down the possibilities if I can.

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.