Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jfarar  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:00:41 AM(UTC)
jfarar

Groups: Registered

I have a 2001 model that had multiple water leaks... I replaced the solenoid valve # 2199838 and the water filter housing # 2199840 and water lines # 8201597 and # 2255153. I also found this online blog from ******************** helpful and I have added to it...

Persistent leaks in the water/ice making supply system:

My attempt to repair a leak in the water supply lines merely generated other leaks. It became obvious that the whole supply and filtration system should be replaced. 1. Turn off water supply and unplug the refrigerator. 2. Remove the fiber cover from the lower rear of the refrigerator. 3. Disconnect nylon supply tubing at the supply spigot and at the water valve near the rear of the refrigerator. Both of these tubes connect to the filter housing. 4. Remove the grille at the front of the refrigerator under door. 5. Removing the front grille gives access to the front of the filter housing. Prior to removing the filter housing, use a Dremel tool # 561 bit and shave the top edge of the housing off. Remove the two screws holding the filter housing in place. 6. Remove the filter housing with both nylon water tubes as an assembly. Some coaxing may be necessary, because there is no clearance between the bottom of the refrigerator and the front cross-member (THIS IS A REAL PAIN). Rotate the assembly about 1/4 turn clockwise as the assembly is withdrawn. I do not recommend you use the old tubing, but to remove the old tubing, push down on the gray or colored ring around the tubing with your fingernail and pull the tubing out. Before installing new tubes on the filter housing, rub the bottom of the housing (below the screw holes) on a coarse file, trimming the bottom edge even with the the bottom of the screw holes, making it easier to reinstall the housing. 7. Install the new tubes into the new filter housing by pushing tubing into filter housing body and pull back slightly - tubes will lock in place. 8. Install the assembly into the front of the refrigerator, reversing the removal procedure. 9. Either remove the old filter from the old housing and install it in the new housing or replace the filter. 9. Turn on the water and check for leaks. While the refrigerator is open, use this opportunity to clean the condensor coils. 10. If there are no leaks, replace the front grille and the fiber cover on the back of the refrigerator. 11. Turn on the power.

Good luck!

... Jeff
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.