Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnthompson  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 6:48:10 AM(UTC)
johnthompson

Groups: Registered

I have a similar problem to some of the posts- the Refrigerator is warming. Looked at Gene's remarks and doesn't look like I have a classic defrost system.

Any thoughts on whether it could be a motherboard or evap fan issue?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 2:13:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You refrigerator is more complicated than most others because it has two evaporators, one in each compartment. Perform the troubleshooting as described in the attached file and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE PSC23PSTASS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Arctica with dual evaporator trouibleshooting.doc (101kb) downloaded 639 time(s).
johnthompson  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:37:37 PM(UTC)
johnthompson

Thanks. I ran the diagnostics but the screens returned as blanks (no numbers illuminated - just blank).
johnthompson  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:09:54 PM(UTC)
johnthompson

[Thanks. I ran the diagnostics. It returned a Fail on "Communication check between Dispenser Control and Main Control". All other test seem to pass.

Thanks
johnthompson  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 12:28:39 PM(UTC)
johnthompson

I am back one year later with another problem (artica psc23psta unit). Code failure 0, 4. Think it's the motherboard this time?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 3:45:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

0;4 is not the failure code. It shows the test mode you activated (read the instructions attached earlier).

What exactly is wrong with the refrigerator?

Gene.
ftmail  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:10:20 PM(UTC)
ftmail

Originally Posted by: johnthompson Go to Quoted Post
I am back one year later with another problem (artica psc23psta unit). Code failure 0, 4. Think it's the motherboard this time?

This seems to be similar to the problems I had with my refrigerator
GE Profile Arctica PSC23PSTA about 5 to 7 years old has two problems:
(1) both the freezer and refrigerator can not keep set temperature - both are warmer.
freezer set at 0 and it shows 4 degrees
fridge set at 37 and it shows 43 degrees
(2) the ice maker does not make ice (water dispenser is ok, if I put ice cubes in the big plastic container, it dispenses the cubes or crashes them ok)

I run the diagnostic code and it returned 0 4 - FAIL
0 4 = Communication check between Dispenser Control and Main Control
Everything else seemed to be ok

I had exactly the same two problems 18 months ago and after replacing the main control board, the temperatures returned to normal but the ice maker was not fixed and I did not do anything about it. The main control board came with a connector which I did not use so I always wandered if that was the problem with the ice maker ??? Should I replace the board again ?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:19:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

Did you turn the "on-off" switch on? Does your ice maker have a green LED on the right side? If it does, what is the status of the LED?

Gene.
saLLy59  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:55:19 PM(UTC)
saLLy59

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You refrigerator is more complicated than most others because it has two evaporators, one in each compartment. Perform the troubleshooting as described in the attached file and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE PSC23PSTASS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Hi, I have read tons of things all over this website - I love it! Thanks so much! Do you happen to have one of these diagnostic mode description for the top freezer type? It seems almost all made were SxS, but mine is not. Model PTS22LCPARWW - made in 2003 I believe. I gather there are several difference. No damper for one. I am trying to determine possible evap fan problem - almost sure it is the fan itself. Thanks
ftmail  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 5:38:59 AM(UTC)
ftmail

The switch is on, and I don't have a green LED on the side. The water does not fill ice tray although the water works in the door.

Currently the temperature is again fluctuating between 42 and 46 in the fridge and between -2 and 4 in the freezer. I already replaced the main board two times in the last two years... Is it time again ? Is there anything that GE is doing to fix what appear to be a design problem?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply