Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tylerw44  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:32:28 PM(UTC)
Tylerw44

Groups: Registered

I have tested my compressor by doing the ohms check, the readings are, common to run = 3, common to start = 5, and start to run = 8. Those seem to fail in between what I have red that say it is good, so I am thinking my compressor windings check out ok. I bought a hard start kit, an rbo810 which was the same one that was in the refrigerator already. I wired it the same way and plugged the fridge in, I hear the fans start immediately and the lights are on in the fridge, but I do not hear the compressor turn on at all. The relay clicks and that's about all the noise I hear besides the fans. I have tested for power to the compressor and there are no volts at the terminals on the side of the compressor. I have one lead in ground and I put the other lead into the pigtail that goes to the hard start kit and I have approx. 120 volts there, but when I put my lead onto the compressor terminals I do not receive any voltage. Anyone have any ideas on what I could possibly test next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.