Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cdwig  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:33:01 PM(UTC)
Cdwig

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator isn't cooling. The blower is blowing but fridge not cooling. I took the back off the fridge and cleaned off the vents. Reset temperature to cool off fridge. After 5 hours the fridge temps were still not cooling. Freezer is working fine. I did notice that the freezer wall on the back was coated with ice crystals. After reading post on different models, I decided to unplug the fridge and let it defrost. If after doing this and plugging it back in tomorrow morning and it still isn't working, what would you suggest my next step be? I will post more in the morning after plugging back in.:cool:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Cdwig  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:28:29 AM(UTC)
Cdwig

Groups: Registered

I had forgotten to mention that my refrigerator temp numbers had been flickering for several days before I noticed it wasn't cooling. I adjusted to a higher temp after unplugging the fridge, which did not help.
I left the unit unplugged all night. Cleaned out the fridge, took back plate off the bottom of the fridge unit back rear bottom. Emptied drip pan. It was full of water.
After plugging my fridge back in this morning, it didn't take long until the motor felt hot to the touch. Is this normal?:confused:
richappy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:21:58 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the compressor is vibrating and the condensing fan running, but no cooling, you probably have a bad refrigerant leak.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply