|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Fridge side 40-50 deg and digital display reads 33 deg?
Model Number: 106.52609100 Brand: Kenmore Age: More than 10 years
The fridge is not cooling enough but the freezer is good.
Here's what I've tested, observed:
* fridge is just about 42 deg first thing in the morning
* fridge side digital setting at the top of the fridge shows 33 deg, the lowest setting I can get it to.
* air diffuser does blow air into the fridge...it's faint, seems lower than the low fan setting on a car fan if that means anything. air diffuser seems fully open. I already removed it last nite, made sure it was iced up.
* freezer thermistor 3.15k @ 75 deg
* fridge thermistor 5.17k @ 54 deg (sitting inside the top shelf fridge)
I used an infrared thermometer and aimed it in the vicinity, not sure if this is accurate enough for these tests.
* coils on the freezer side - i just checked them after I had the unit plugged in, door open for say 10-15 min(unloading), and they are so so. Unit was unplugged < 5min at time of pic. It appears there is a little icing towards the bottom coils and on the right side ends. Is this normal?
Questions, does the digital thermometer in the fridge need calibration? Why does it differ from my manual thermometer on the second shelf that reads 42 deg in the morning.
What should I test next? diagnostic test or ?
From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like an air diffuser problem. I didn't measure the contacts but from my observations above, seems ok.
Other suggestions to diagnose?
Ads By Google
Last edited by g20zoom : 07-30-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: want to attach picture
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Digital Display shows fridge temp at 70 degrees.||gigi wright||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||1||03-19-2012 04:27 PM|
|washer won't spin display reads le||centralmillwork||Washer Repair||0||06-12-2011 08:29 AM|
|Clock Display reads 5Ab||PIZ||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||0||11-20-2010 07:00 AM|
|Thermdor Dual Fuel Range Display reads ' OFF '||Emathewson||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||2||11-25-2009 11:41 PM|
|Kenmore gas oven display reads 'door'||HandyAndy||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||6||03-16-2009 05:44 PM|