Discuss

Kitchen Aid Fridge cycles often

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Measure the freezer and fridg. temperatures before it shuts off. Also, if you set the control to a lower temperature,

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Kitchen Aid Fridge cycles often

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Measure the freezer and fridg. temperatures before it shuts off.
Also, if you set the control to a lower temperature, does it reach a lower temperature and run longer?

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM

harley4850 is on a distinguished road

Fridge side 40 deg. when it starts running. After it shuts off 10 mins later, its at 33. Freezer at about 5 degrees. When it shuts off. about -2 degrees. Lowered the fridge and freezer temps, no change in cycle times. 10 on 10 off.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Are you sure you placed the fridg cold control sensing tubing in the original place? Seems like you have no basic refrigeration system problems, but a control problem.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:15 PM

Yes. I'm sure. My initial thought was that it had a bad thermostat, so I replaced it. Same results. I know its possible to have a new one be bad. Is there any way to test them? I still have the old one so it is easy to access and test.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Turn the cold control to the coldest setting, then measure the freezer temperature, should go well below zero, if not you do have refrigeration systems problems that gauges would confirm.
You also could have a stuck damper door.

Last edited by richappy : 09-20-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:38 PM

I will try those things. If I'm not mistaken, the damper door is manual that works off the freezer control slide. At least that is what I saw when I took it apart to install the thermostat. Not sure how it could stick?
Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 PM

Hey Rich,

I ran the cold control as cold as it would go. The freezer went well below zero. My digital gauge wouldn't read at that cold as it blacked out. My analog does not read below zero, but it buried the needle. If I were to gauge it according to the distance of the other marks on the gauge, I would say it was way more than -20 or better. Once the system shut off, it went to defrost. I did this 2 times and both times it went to the defrost cycle.

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Only thing left is too much cold air into the fridg section. You might try a partial restriction of the airflow into the fridg.