Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnetattoo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:30:05 AM(UTC)
johnetattoo

Groups: Registered

I've replaced the electronic control board, the defrost thermostat and the heater has continuity but after 4 or 5 days the freezer is still freezing up solid. All door seals are also like new and the fridge works great until it freezes up. Any ideas on what I should do next? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:56:00 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Do you mean the evaporator coils are freezing up solid? Is it an ice or just packed snow?
When you replaced the defrost control board, have you defrosted the evaporator and all air ducts between the refrigerator and freezer?

Simon.
johnetattoo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:53:12 PM(UTC)
johnetattoo

The radiator looking part in the back of the freezer is covered in thick, packed, snow like ice. I always know its frozen when I hear the compressor kicking on and off rapidly...sounding like its struggling to pump coolant through the iced up coils. I then remove the inside back panel of the freezer and let it sit unplugged with the door open for hours....sometimes days depending on what's in it. Usually just beverages because it is not my only fridge.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:21:47 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

You have to be absolutely sure, that the defrost thermostat is closed. Check the wire harness between the thermostat, heater and defrost control board for continuity. If all checks OK - try to replace the control board again.
It doesn't sounds right that the compressor is short cycling when the coils are frozen. That not suppose to happend, and this may be indicating the weak compressor or start components.

Simon.
johnetattoo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:36:43 PM(UTC)
johnetattoo

Everything checks out. That's why I'm so confused. I just installed a brand new board and thermostat. I figured that would fix my issue but sadly, not yet. I'll investigate further and report any new findings. Thank u.
johnetattoo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:40:25 PM(UTC)
johnetattoo

I removed the icemaker from the fridge a while back just to get it out of the way but it was freezing up before that too. It then sat unplugged for a couple of weeks until I got the parts and installed them.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply