Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gaucho100K  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 6:02:25 PM(UTC)
Gaucho100K

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Monogram Side by Side Refrigerator, this is a factory release 220V model that I purchased in the USA (in NY from a dealer that specialized in 220V appliances for sending overseas) before moving down to South America (Buenos Aires, Argentina).

I am now having problems with excess cold in the bottom compartments of the Refrigerator, basically its freezing the fruits and vegetables that I place in the two lower level drawers that are supposed to hold the veggies & fruits.

I have been told that Im facing Temperature Sensor problems. My troubles are compounded by the fact that GE Appliances does not have an official market presence here, so no true certified & approved service/maintenance technical teams are on-hand to give me proper advice.

Im hoping to understand how I can source the Temperature Sensors that would be compatible with my refrigerator. Do I have a chance to get replacement parts in the USA for this 220V model or do I have to try my luck in Mexico where this unit was manufactured...???

Thanks very much for any help someone can provide.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires,
Alejandro
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gaucho100K  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:56:13 AM(UTC)
Gaucho100K

After reading various threads here I think Ive come to the conclusion that I may just try replacing the Thermistors in my refrigerator.

The part number that is currently generally available seems to be this

Part number: AP3185407

My question would be: is the above Thermistor compatible with my refrigerator...?

Thanks very much for you help with this...?
Alejandro
Simon / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:46:01 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Unfortunately we do not have an access to the overseas models look ups, but based on my own experience I should say that the AP3185407 is a good part number for your refrigerator.

Simon.
Gaucho100K  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:08:23 AM(UTC)
Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Unfortunately we do not have an access to the overseas models look ups, but based on my own experience I should say that the AP3185407 is a good part number for your refrigerator.

Simon.

Thank you Simon.

I understand the problem with looking up an overseas model... however, since sourcing parts for this specific model has been a nightmare for me, Im looking to try to find which is the closest domestic US model that would be the best possible match for my refrigerator. That way I would search for parts using the 110V (or Domestic version) with greater ease.

Im willing to run the "risk" of having the parts not match.... so I understand what Im getting myself into.

If you could help me with identifying which domestic US model would be the closest match, that would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks!!
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:49:39 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Sorry, not capable of doing that. The GE are using (most of the times) the same thermistor AP3185407.

Simon.
Gaucho100K  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 1:29:41 PM(UTC)
Gaucho100K

Update. I was able to source the original Thermistors and replaced the one on the Evaporator. However, my freezing problem persists.

My further research has led me to believe that the air damper / fan assembly may be another probable problem.... could one of the resident experts chime in on this...?

Also, I have another issue that Im now wondering if may have some relation to my issues... namely the icemaker is producing ice but doesn't seem to know when to stop making ice cubes... the ice cube drawer fills all the way up and finally stops making, but the entire stash of cubes becomes one large iceberg during periods of low ice dispensing... do I have a humidity issue in my ice maker... can this perhaps be related to the air damper and the freezing in the lower compartments...?

Finally... I have now figured out that my GE unit has 4 (four) thermistors... in the freezer section there is the one of the Evaporator, then there is one on the right hand wall of the freezer, and then there are 2 (two) thermistors in the refrigerator section, both on the left wall, one on the top shelf and one near the bottom half of the lower section near the deli/veggies section. I wonder if this is any help in identifying what model unit I have...?

Thanks very much !!
Gaucho100K  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 7:20:22 AM(UTC)
Gaucho100K

Folks, to assist in trying to figure out what model I have, Ive posted a link here to an image gallery, I hope this helps.

Also, at this point Im wanting to do a visual inspection of the air damper, but cant seem to figure out which screws I need to take out and which plastic covers to remove... Ive tried to remove various plastic parts but Im finding more resistance than I thought and am worried I will break a plastic cover..... if anybody has any leads or tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Please click here below to view images of the main components of my unit, this is a GE Monogram side by side, approx. 12 years old:
http://img277.imagev...A_122_364lo.jpg

Thanks very much !!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply