Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dueski  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 3:16:04 PM(UTC)
dueski

Groups: Registered

Hello!

I have had this GE refrigerator for just about 6 years. About 2 months ago I opened up the freezer and things were melting. I did a little research and checked the ice flapper door and the seals and they were fine. After several thaws/refreeze there was ice over everything. I called a technician and they suggested replacing the control board. I did. Still had the same problem.

After more research here's what's happening. After the defrost cycle of about 30 minutes the compressor and fan kick on. However, there are a few times when the compressor kicks on but the fan does not (hence trying to replace the control board). When the compressor is on and the fan is not I've measured an internal temp of about 50 degrees. After about another 20-30 after the compressor comes on the fan comes on. This happens maybe 3 or 4 times throughout the day. When the fan kicks on it starts freezing again and building up ice.

I talked to the technician who replaced the control board and his next thoughts were to either replace the fan or the compressor. The fan I guess is easy enough but if it's compressor I'll just go get another fridge. What else can I look at or trouble shoot before getting a new fridge? Thanks for the help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.