Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pkats1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:40:16 PM(UTC)
pkats1

Groups: Registered

Well, I have just got to say that General Electric has not only screwed up the
errant design of the pt # wr17x11705, they will not redesign it until someone gets seriously injured or possibly die from swallowing a piece of plastic thaqt repeatedly continues to break off of the auger. I have seen over 1,000 postings of people disgusted with the breakage, the cost of a replacement and G.E.' unwillingness to warranty the faulty auger.I have just replaced the 3rd one for a very good friend of mine and I guarantee that shwe will not have to replace another. I purchased the new auger and immediately reinforced the largest end of the auger approx. 6" of it with fiberglass resin, strengthened by fiberglass cloth on both sides. I feathered the edges to where the
fiberglass resin and cloth stop before the edge of the auger approx. 1/32 from edge. Cleaned the auger very well and put it to the test.No more problems. People, stop buying new ones if you know someone that can do the same thing as I did. Takes an hour and a half and $5.00 worth of materials. Maybe someday G.E. will wake up.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.