Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rkcarguy  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 10:39:51 AM(UTC)
rkcarguy

Groups: Registered

Hello guys and gals,

In a pinch here with our fridge. Been noticing soft ice cream and things not as cold in the fridge as usual....and then the last couple days it's barely hanging onto freezing and fridge is almost room temp.
I've noticed a faint ozone-ish smell off and on for a month maybe, is that my R134a leaking out?
The fridge compressor comes on and "loads up"(sounds like a quiet ac unit), then goes quiet like it runs out of stuff to circulate. It is warm and still working, but it and the fan is running all the time and there is only a little bit of that "raining noise". If you unplug it and wait a few minutes, then plug it back in this repeats.
My innards are identical to this one:
http://www.managemylife.com/ima...21_190338.jpg?1308698162

We removed everything from the freezer, removed the cover in the back, and melted some ice from the passage to the fridge below as it was about 2/3rds plugged. No difference.
I've got some automotive AC experience, if you can help me identify the low pressure line I'd like to install a pierce valve and then check pressure and try recharging it with some stop leak refrigerant. Is this the dead end pigtail coming off the compressor?

We're paying about $700/month for our 2nd childbirth until this august and can't really afford to replace this right now. Tech's here have quoted $350-$800 to fix it, almost as much as a new fridge!
Would appreciate some help here:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.