Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TherapyProvider  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 4:05:36 AM(UTC)
TherapyProvider

Groups: Registered

PSS27SGNA Freezer is not holding temperature dividing wall in between freezer and refrigerator is very hot upon palpation. To be exact middle and running down towards bottom. Refrigerator is holding temperature. Please advise.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

scott5495  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:36:01 PM(UTC)
scott5495

are you talking about the divider between the freezer and ref. section? if it is the face of the wall [ where the doors close against ] this is called the mullion and remains warm to avoid swetting in between doors. if it is hot it is an incication that the compressor and condenser are too hot. check and make sure the fan on the back of ref. next to compressor is running, also make sure there is not a buildup of lint on the coils.
TherapyProvider  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:21:16 PM(UTC)
TherapyProvider

Thanks for responding. I will check and will respond.
TherapyProvider  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 11:49:44 PM(UTC)
TherapyProvider

Thank you all who has posted in this forum. GE Arctic Model PSS27SGNA How to fix the freezer not hold temp? I just fix this problem, Special thanks to the person who replied to my first response, yes it was lot of lint around back of the unit and lot of lint and dirt covered fan next to the compressor. I tried to clean as much I can by using vacuum. While I was behind the unit I decided to check the motherboard to see if it was shoot or not. Yes diffrent responders in this forum was right. There was a shot/Burn spot back of the big relays area back of the motherboard. As per answer was suggested just a drop of solder work out good and now freezer and refrigerator is working and bring the temperature down. Thanks again for saving the refrigerator without buying new motherboard. :);):D:cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply