Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cory82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:39:09 AM(UTC)
cory82

Groups: Registered

I just moved a fridge to the garage, when i plug it in, the compressor starts as do the fans. The compressor clicks off after about 5-10 seconds, then kicks back on in a minute, and keeps going on and off. The compressor is warm but not hot. The fans that move the air in the freezer and fridge work as does the fan underneath. What might I do to fix the issue?

Thank you for your time and help,

Cory
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

scott5495  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:10:59 PM(UTC)
scott5495

take the cover off the side of the compressor, inspect the relay and overload. if you have an ohm meter, set it for continuity. ohm between the three pins on the compressor. each should read continuity. also read between each pin and the compressor case. it should read open, if it reads continuity it is shorted ie bad compressor. if all reads correctly i would replace the relay and overload with a solid state hard to start kit, for 1/4 horsepower compressor.
cory82  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:20:40 PM(UTC)
cory82

i think the compressor is actually ok. is the relay and overload start kit the same as what the manufacturer put on it, or would it be different?
scott5495  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:40:18 AM(UTC)
scott5495

original is always best. i carry solid state kits because they fit almost every brand, and are a little less expensive for my customers.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply