Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheCakeGal  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:57:43 AM(UTC)
TheCakeGal

Groups: Registered

I know that there are a ton of posts about bad tasting water but i've already replaced the usual culprits so here's my history.
This fridge was in storage for a year. The person who put it in storage did not clean it first and it was disgusting inside. We cleaned it out with bleach.
Once hooked up, the water tasted horrible - kinda like mildew.
So, we changed the filter. THis did not fix the problem. Next we had a tech come out and change the water valve. This did not fix the problem. Next he changed out the reservoir and the line that goes from the fridge to the water line in wall. This eliminated 80% of the taste. He also advised us to change the filter again in case it was contaminated. We ran 4 gallons through it.
So now, when you dispense a glass of water, the taste/smell is noticeable but not nearly as much as before the reservoir was replaced. BUT, if you dispense another glass of water right after the first one, the water tastes normal.
If you let it sit for an hour or longer, it happens again. First glass tastes slightly bad and then second glass tastes normal. This leads me to believe that another water line in the fridge is still bad. I'm guessing it's the line in the door. So, ideally I want to replace all of the remaining water lines/tubes in the fridge that I haven't changed yet to eliminate the problem 100%. Of note, one of the pieces of the tube from the old reservoir had all the water drained out and I could smell the odor that was causing the taste - it was pretty strong which is why i KNOW it's one of the remaining lines running through the fridge.
I need to know which parts I need to replace all the remaining lines - in the door, to the filter, from the wall line to the line that runs in the door and whatever else I'm missing. I also need instructions because I refuse to spend more $$ on a tech. We've already spent at $400+ at this point and this fridge is 5-6 years old so not trying to put any more $$ into it unless its for parts.
Thanks. This has been extremely frustrating and costly.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.