Discuss

Frigidaire Freezer stopped running

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I was cleaning out my freezer for about 10 minutes and when i was done i shut the lid and

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Frigidaire Freezer stopped running

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 PM

montynv is on a distinguished road
Default Frigidaire Freezer stopped running
Brand: Frigidaire   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I was cleaning out my freezer for about 10 minutes and when i was done i shut the lid and freezer kicked on and sounded fine. I then turned the dial colder and heard a click sound from the dial and freezer did not run after that. The light is on, so the outlet is working, but the compressor stopped running. It hasn't turned on since. I turned the dial all the way both ways thinking it was turned off but no luck. I left the dial in the middle but never turned on. The freezer was working prior to that. Will I be able to fix it or should I call the company directly?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-17-2013, 08:18 PM

montynv is on a distinguished road

this is frigidaire chest freezer. are you sure it does not make a compressor noise when lid is shut. I swore ive heard it before. what do you make out of the click sound
Old 04-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a glorious beacon of light

A model number may help others help you.

Find your model number - AppliancePartsPros.com

I cannot say if you should call in a pro depends on your experience with electrical devices.
Also you will probably need a multimeter to diagnose the problem.