Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
waschick  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 5:08:29 AM(UTC)
waschick

Groups: Registered

The water dispenser continually freezes. The freezer temp control has been turned down to the lowest setting but the water line continues to freeze and in order to get it working the freezer door is left open for about an hour. I noticed that the food items in the freezer remain frozen solid even though the temp setting on the freezer is set at the lowest setting.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 2:21:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If the temperature in the freezer is bellow 0°F, it can cause the water line inside the freezer door to freeze.

Unfortunately the freezer door in this refrigerator is no serviceable. If there is a problem with the temperature insulation inside the door, the whole door would need to be replaced.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE GSH25JSTASS Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
waschick  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:07:53 AM(UTC)
waschick

Groups: Registered

Thanks!, I do not think it is an insulation problem. The temp control panel is set at the lowest setting for both refrig and freezer. I changed the thermistors in the freezer and it seemed to help but even at the "1" setting the freezer is (-2 )degrees and the refrig is 38 degrees. I cannot lower the temp any further on either side. No frost or ice in the freezer.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:37:03 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looks like there are two separate problems: freezing water line tube inside the freezer door and not adjustable temperatures.

The first problem is due to the freezer door temperature insulation.

The temperature problem is most likely due to faulty main control board on the back of the refrigerator.

- The main control board Part number: WR55X10942
Part number: WR55X10942

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply