Discuss

GE GSL25JFPABS Frezer/Fridge Stopped working

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

richappy, Thanks for your latest reply, I'm headed home from work soon and I will probably switch the boards tonight...but

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » GE GSL25JFPABS Frezer/Fridge Stopped working

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM

mrs9693nj is on a distinguished road
Post New board needed over the old board?

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

richappy,
Thanks for your latest reply, I'm headed home from work soon and I will probably switch the boards tonight...but I have to ask, not because I question your knowledge (your the pro I'm the DIY'er needing the help) I'm asking just so I can understand why?

Why do I have to use the new board now that the one wire is clipped?
What am I risking? Since to the untrained DIY'er it appears to be working.
What is the damage I could be doing?

Thanks again richappy, youv'e been very helpful (patient too!)

Mark

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Apparently the thermistor wiring is diffent for the new board, so once the wire is clipped, using the old board will result in improper cooling in the fridg.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM

mrs9693nj is on a distinguished road
Post what are the chances?

that makes sense, so the longer I leave it this way the more likely something else goes wrong...
so what are the chances that I re-attach the clipped wire and keep the old baord in that things work right?

I'm being flat honest with you, strapped finances, more repairs to other things still needed so I'm trying to find wiggle room where I can...but I don't want to cheap myself into a bigger more expensive hole either.

Thanks again!
Mark
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.