Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kirakk  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:16:50 AM(UTC)
kirakk

Groups: Registered

I have GE Profile which is less than 10 years old and less than 3 months ago had a repair man come out and replace the motherboard because the freezer would not keep cold and he stated that was the problem. At that time the temperature of the refrigerator did not seem to be a problem. The factory indicates the freezer should be 0 and refrigerator 37. When I open the refrigerator it says freezer 0 but refrigerator 29. I have not touched the settings. When I increase the temperature to 40. Return the next day the refrigerator temperature is 25. The cold cut meat in the little cheese/meat drawer is beginning to freeze. I increase the temp again to 42. Next day, temp is 30. Meanwhile, no change in freezer. I took cold cut meat out of drawer and put on middle shelf and noticed condensation between package and shelf.

I was suggested to replace the Refrigerator Damper. I have the Damper Assembly and have the long piece that goes down the back of the fridge off and I see styrofoam. Do I remove the styrofoam? How do I? I see the broken Door behind the styrofoam? How do I get the door if I don't remove the styrofoam?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.