Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SandraK  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:49:55 PM(UTC)
SandraK

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag side-by-side model #MZD2766GEW. I noted a couple of weeks ago that the fridge was holding at 40 degrees. That seems cold enough but I tried to set it a little lower and it won't go any lower. No matter where I set the fridge control (0-9) the fridge is always at 40 degrees. I checked the freezer and it seems to be okay, the temp in there changes when I change the control. I'm guessing it must be the control on the fridge side but don't know how to get to it and am not sure if this is the problem. If the control stops working does the fridge have a safety override that holds it at 40 degrees as a default? You guys helped me out last July with the icemaker and I'm hoping you can help me out again. Thanks. :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.