Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pordlawk  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:18:58 PM(UTC)
pordlawk

Groups: Registered

I was helping move a refridgerator and the water line got snagged and severely stretched.This is the water line that goes between house water supply and water filter under the fridge. I'm not sure of (1)the part number or (2)how to disconnect water line from filter assembly. (3)Also this line was way too short to reach the house water supply. It's going to have to somehow be extended. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

pordlawk  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:45:03 AM(UTC)
pordlawk

tap, tap, tap Hello, Is this thing on?
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:05:13 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pordlawk Go to Quoted Post
I was helping move a refridgerator and the water line got snagged and severely stretched.This is the water line that goes between house water supply and water filter under the fridge. I'm not sure of (1)the part number or (2)how to disconnect water line from filter assembly. (3)Also this line was way too short to reach the house water supply. It's going to have to somehow be extended. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pordlawk, First off, the house water supply line does not attach to the filter housing, it is attached to the water inlet valve

Part number: AP5263471
Part number: AP5263471

The water tube routes from the fill valve to the water filter housing

Part number: AP4369390
Part number: AP4369390

Then from the housing to the reservoir/tank

Part number: AP3181346
Part number: AP3181346

and from the reservoir/tank to the dispenser on the freezer door.
The tubes attach to the components by way of "john guess" fittings, they are self sealing compression fittings. To release the water tube from the fitting, press in or down on the plastic collar that surrounds the water tube, and pull out on the tube. To reseat the tube, press in or down on the collar, insert the tube as far as possible, release the collar and slightly tug on the water tube to make sure it is seated and locked in position.
You'll need to determine which tube has been damaged and order the appropriate part from the parts diagram, or let us know which tube and we can assist with the parts research .
pordlawk  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:33:26 AM(UTC)
pordlawk

Thanks for all the info. I don't remember it being anything like the video. I can get another look at it this weekend and get back with you. Again, thanks.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 6:13:31 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for all the info. I don't remember it being anything like the video. I can get another look at it this weekend and get back with you. Again, thanks.

OK, Will keep an eye out for the next post.
pordlawk  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 1:20:16 PM(UTC)
pordlawk

Sorry it took so long to get back. After a 2nd look, the only place to hook up water to the fridge is this stretched hose. It has, what I believe is a brass 1/4", fitting that screws on house water supply.It has a male to male adapter screwed in it because it needs an extension. It only reaches about a foot out of the fridge. The other end has a 'john's guess' fitting on the other end, that is attached to the filter housing. There is another line coming out of the filter housing that connects to the water inlet valve. I hope I'm not losing my mind here.
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:04:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Sorry it took so long to get back. After a 2nd look, the only place to hook up water to the fridge is this stretched hose. It has, what I believe is a brass 1/4", fitting that screws on house water supply.It has a male to male adapter screwed in it because it needs an extension. It only reaches about a foot out of the fridge. The other end has a 'john's guess' fitting on the other end, that is attached to the filter housing. There is another line coming out of the filter housing that connects to the water inlet valve. I hope I'm not losing my mind here.

Pordlawk, You're not losing your mind, you are correct in your observance and routing of your water dispenser tubes, we were wrong. After reviewing the available information and the routing of the tubes, you will need to order and replace

Part number: AP3175465
Part number: AP3175465

This is the tube that attaches to the "double male" connector on the water supply tube and attaches to the filter housing by way of the "john guess" fitting on the housing.
Sorry for the misdirection. Thanks
pordlawk  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 3:44:22 AM(UTC)
pordlawk

Thank you...
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 5:58:06 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thank you...

You're Welcome !

We'd appreciate a Report when you're done. It could be helpful to others reviewing the forum.
pordlawk  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 4:12:27 AM(UTC)
pordlawk

One more thing. The stretched tube I have has factory ends on both ends.One end is kind of a flare (?) that seats between 1/4 nut and male to male adapter. The other end that goes into the john's guess fitting is a larger (5/16")outside diameter than the rest of the tube(1/4"). The 1/4 nut is trapped between these two ends and won't come off. This doesn't appear to be the case with the tube in the picture you provided. Also, my tube is approx. 3' long including 3" stretch. Okay, duh... Sitting here looking at my tube it has a number printed on it. 2319867. I bet that's gonna be some help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply