Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrtryintofixit  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:54:24 PM(UTC)
mrtryintofixit

Groups: Registered

OK, I've read a million efforts to deal with samsung units not making ice, but they all seem pretty simplistic, and aren't getting as deep into it as i have and need. Hopefully someone reading has some deeper knowledge and can help me. My unit has no ice. Not really that it isn't making ice, as I found when I took it apart and looked inside. It's just not ejecting the cubes.

When I ran the test with the ice maker loose and the top cover off, i can watch everything happening as it should. The finger thing rotates as if to push out cubes, the arm moves down as it should as if to check for ice in the basket, and then water flows from the back. So then it makes one tray of ice. But then it doesn't push them out, so it all stops.

I tried adjusting the temp a bit warmer, but that didn't solve my problem, nor did making it colder. when i open it further and watch it rotate through a test cycle, the gear for the motor that runs the finger thing doesn't seem to be missing any teeth, so i'm running out of things to consider.

Anyone have any ideas? Sure, I could pay $120 and get a new icemaker and replace it in 5 minutes and probably have problem solved, but it's annoying to have to replace the entire unit; I'd feel like I'm replacing a car because a 99 cent fuse is blown. Anyone have any ideas for me here?

UPDATE: I've been thinking about this, and looking at it, and I'm now thinking that the problem is that it's putting too much water in there, making cubes not just too big but linked over the individual cells to heavily, so it can't push them out. that there must be some sort of sensor involved controlling the fill level.

when i take it apart i see something that might be that at the back of the tray, and opening it up see a black wire going from there to one of the boards, but i can't see how to get inside to see if i can see anything wrong.

IF I'm correct in assuming that there is a fill sensor back there, and anyone has ever worked on it, please let me know. Thanks!

(I know, i'm spending way more time than this is worth to deal with this, but i do like puzzles)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.