|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Amana Crisper Rail Breaking
Model Number: 67001057 Brand: Amana Age: Less than 1 year
I have replaced this rail 3 times and now I have the permanent solution.
1. Take old rail and saw off the remaining rail 'lip'. Now you just have
a long piece of plastic.
2. Go to your local hardware store and purchase a stock piece of 1 inch by 1/8 inch thick steel - make sure it is longer than your plastic rail.
3. Purchase some Davon 2 part epoxy compound. Usually in two tubes.
4. Measure the steel rail to the length of the plastic rail as if there were two lips attached. Get the picture?
5. Epoxy and Clamp the measured steel rail to the top of the plastic bracket.
6. Let set-up for 3 hours. It will.
7. Replace the rail in the refridge. Even though it has added some thickness, there is enough 'play' for it to fit.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Guide Rail Bracket||debivie||Dishwasher Repair||4||02-06-2013 02:20 PM|
|upper rack rail fell off||tcm2764||Dishwasher Repair||0||12-16-2012 09:01 AM|
|meat rail removal||mike_p_5||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||12-24-2011 06:27 PM|
|Freezer rail extension question||MADouglas||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||10-06-2011 02:15 PM|
|Amana bottom crisper slide rails||leichman||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||07-03-2009 08:08 AM|