Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jennsis  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:50:44 AM(UTC)
Jennsis

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Coldspot (model 106.63832302) which stopped working last night. There is some background which might help figure out the problem.

For the past few years that I have had this refrigerator, it would occasionally make a loud click noise (It sounded like the compressor was kicking in). I live in an very old house, so this click and jolt of power was enough to make the lights dim each time it did it. It would do this sometimes multiple times in an hour or just randomly throughout the day. But I got so use to the noise, I didn't even pay attention to it. Also, I don't think the defroster ever worked properly as water drips from the freezer into my refrigerator at the back and I just keep a cup there and occasionally dump out the water.

Last night, I noticed the meats in my freezer starting to thaw out. The fan seemed to be still be blowing cold air at the time. I put an ice tube tray in there overnight, and in the morning the water was cold, but not frozen at all.

Once I removed everything from the freezer, I could tell the fan was still blowing, but the air was not cold.

Can someone help me diagnose the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.