Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
piscesbound  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 12:32:56 PM(UTC)
piscesbound

Groups: Registered

O.k. the refrierator quit cooling so my ex-bro-in-law (who is a aircondioning repair man) came over and cut the exit line to the freeon. removed old R-20? and put in r-134a? Got cool for a moment then nothing and they didnt come back...but left a hose atached to the port..So I turned to you guys to troubleshoot the problem..decided it needed a start device kit...ordered part #2212194 it came very quickly. So i followed instructions..my compresser is EGY90.with the decrete style of start relay ...when I took the old one off i could see burn marks on the overload..I used a seperate relay and overload as oppossed to the combo.. used the jumper to go to the run capacitor(which wasnt changed)..started it..then worried about the ex-bro-in-law and the freon issue. So him and a buddy come back and say there is no leek in the system and installed more r-134.that was last night..still hot..I am a single mother of 4 and cant afford luxuries like a repairman..Do you think my compressor is bad or the computer board please help me figure this out ..thank you for your time..:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 7:03:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

You need our help to diagnose a problem with your refrigerator remotely. In such situation we need more specific description on the problem. It's unclear why your ex-bro-in-law replaced the Freon and which Freon was there originally. If he can help you with more detailed description on the problem and what exactly he did to fix it then it might help us to help you.

Gene.
piscesbound  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 10:35:37 PM(UTC)
piscesbound

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

You need our help to diagnose a problem with your refrigerator remotely. In such situation we need more specific description on the problem. It's unclear why your ex-bro-in-law replaced the Freon and which Freon was there originally. If he can help you with more detailed description on the problem and what exactly he did to fix it then it might help us to help you.

Gene.

:eek: ok talked to the bro in law he said they didnt change the freon. but they did add more and after i got and installed the relay and over load...and had them come check the fron they said the system was empty but there was no leak???? I dont understand why they didnt check the relays first??any way they think it is the compressor..and another store in town thinks it is the board?? but after having them check and tell me how many boards the had sold....they said none??so any advise would be greatly appriciated.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 3:58:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: piscesbound Go to Quoted Post
...they said the system was empty but there was no leak????...

If the system was empty then there was a huge leak. Otherwise it's impossible.

I would suggest to pay a certified refrigeration tech for a visit and diagnosis. It should not be expensive and you'll know exactly what is wrong and what should be done.

He should start the diagnosis from checking the pressure in the sealed system

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply