Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
warezaholic  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:42:06 PM(UTC)
warezaholic

Groups: Registered

We recently moved and had to remove the doors to get it through the doorways. Upon arrival we did a well needed cleaning, moved it in, inspected and repaired the seals and reattached the doors. The seals seem adiquately in placed (not berfect) but the freezer is only slightly colder than the refrigerator.

Food already frozed will stay frozen for about a week but froods not frozen will not freeze. The controlls for the freezer are at full cold setting and the frige is at just a bit colder than factory.

I need to know what needs to be replaced and a general roadmap to the repair. My income will not allow a pro home-call, and I am better than the avarage joe with fix-it issues...

Please help! I get paid on 2/1/13 and want to buy the needed part/s.

Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 3:29:39 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire FRS26KW3AQ6 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Does the compressor run all the time (other than when it is in a defrost cycle)?
You can usually hear it but you should also be able to feel it vibrating and it should be warm.

Does the evaporator/freezer fan run?

Does the condenser/compressor fan run?
Are the condenser coils clean?

If the compressor runs all the time and both fans run,remove the cover in the freezer so you can inspect the evaporator coils. If there is only frost in one area (usually where the freon enters the coils) then the unit probably has a sealed system problem.
Be sure that the compressor has run for a couple hours before doing this check, if you do it shortly after a defrost cycle you will come to the wrong conclusion.

If the compressor is cycling then odds are that the freezer control thermostat is bad. try turning it to a colder setting.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply