Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
duser  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:58:57 PM(UTC)
duser

Groups: Registered

Hello.
My refrigerator is a GE Profile and model probably is not in your database since it was purchased in Mexico.
To give you an idea of which kind of Refrigerator is, please take a look the following Link:
Page 42 starts in English
http://forum.appliancepartspros...php?do=newthread&f=9

The original problem is that freezer started to melting the ice located into the ice box. Seems like the melting cycle was too long. Setpoint of freezer is -18 C and frezeer used to be like -12 C for 2 to 3 hours every 4 days.

A Technician was called and the motherboard model WR55X10942 was replaced.
Problem dissapeared!. Now melting cycle used to be about 30 to 40 minutes, so the -12 or -13 still appears but very short time every 5 days.

However another issue appears after the motherboard was changed. Sweating inside the refrigerator in the left wall, which is the wall next to the freezer.
Technician changed another new motherboard, as well we changed the original one ( the one with the melting issue) to see if the sweating dissapears but not luck.

Technician already changed the sensors, but the problem still continues.
I decided to put a digital thermometer inside the refrigerator just behind where the sensor is located. The thermometer match what display says.(3 C degrees)
What is very odd for me is that not all the beverages or food really feels cold. For example, the cheese does not have the same look. Like if some fan is failing, however, I can hear them, those are working and looks like their speeds are working as well since I can hear when speed go more quick or low.

Technician verified values of thermistors and he said those are fine, but really do not know exactly the values. I have a multimeter I can do it, but do not exactly how and where.

Please let me know some suggestions so I can fix this.
I will really appreciate it
This is really killing me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.