Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
onesocalguy  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 7:42:18 PM(UTC)
onesocalguy

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore refrigerator is freezing food on the fridge side. The freezer seems fine. We tried turning the temperature setting down lower and lower, but it still freezes even at the lowest setting.

While the motor was running I tried turning the setting knob to 0 and felt by the vent on the top left side of the fridge. No air was coming out. I then turned it up all the way and felt again. I could then feel cold air blowing. From what I've read on other posts, that leads me to think the damper is working correctly. At this point I'm not sure what to check next... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Model number 253.53723300

Thanks,
Benjamin L.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:10:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Benjamin,

This sounds like a bad damper control. Make sure there is no frost build up in the damper or around what can prevent the damper from closing.

If there is nothing wrong, order the control box kit because Frigidaire (who made your refrigerator) does not sell the damper control separate.

- The control box Part number: 5304482075
Part number: 5304482075

Gene.
davecaruso81  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 11:31:18 AM(UTC)
davecaruso81

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore side-by-side, model 253.53322302. My water stopped dispensing water, my ice maker stopped making ice (I think the water lines froze), the water filter got stuck in the fridge (I was able to pry it out), and my food in the refrigerator is starting to freeze.

I think I have the same issue as the person that posted in this thread. How difficult is the repair with part 5304482075? Is this 1-2 hours? Much longer?

I see that this part is now about $220. My fridge is 10 years old. Should I try to fix this - or does it seem like I should just buy new? Maybe another issue will pop up in the coming months or maybe this issue could re-surface?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply