Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doug_MN  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:57:19 AM(UTC)
Doug_MN

Groups: Registered

Background: Whirlpool Gold GD5SHAXKT00 side-by-side made in 2001 worked flawlessly. We moved this to the basement this weekend after buying SS appliances. After emptying and powering off I layed it on it's side to clean the coils at the bottom. I then carefully slid down the stairs into the utility room. It stood vertically for about 5 hours before powering on. I turned it on Saturday evening.

The Problem: On Sunday I noticed both freezer and fridge did not cool. All lights and water dispenser work. I took the back panel off and checked if the cooling fan was obstructed or not working. It was spinning freely. I also noticed the compressor was very hot to the touch.

Please Advise! I've been researching similar "My fridge doesn't cool" postings and I'm not sure what to do next. I was thinking the switching circuit or a relay failure wouldn't let the compressor heat up. The other theory I had was maybe the compressor was affected by laying the fridge on it's side during the move. Will you please offer advice or troubleshooting steps. I am comfortable troubleshooting and using a DMM.

Thanks!

Doug
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.