Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Recon2it  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:26:23 PM(UTC)
Recon2it

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore Elite control panel is giving me erratic dispaly results. I can set the freezer to 0 degrees and the refrigerator side to 40 degrees. After a little bit those two numbers change places and things freeze in my refrigerator but the freezer keeps things frozen. These numbers may change back and fourth several time a day all on it's own. Sometimes I can't change the setting until I push the select button (which is only supposed to change the readings between F* and C*) and then I can change them, but they will continue to change places or adjust to a setting all on it's own. I tried to do the self-diagnostic proceedure detailed on the tech sheet by pressing the on/off and Reset button simultaneously for three seconds but nothing happens, no beeps, light changes or change in the display. I tried unplugging the unit for a few minutes to reset it, but that did not change anything. I am thinking its the control board, part number 8201528. I also think changing the thermister(s) could help. The tech sheet show in the wiring diagram that there is two thermisters, one in the refrigerator and one in the freezer but when I look online for those parts using the sears parts diagram, it only shows one used, in the refrigerator side. (part number 2188819)

I would like someone to tell me if I am on the right track with my diagnosis and if anyone can tell me just how many thermister's mine has?

Recon2it
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.