Discuss

Refrigerator Side constant at 30 degrees

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I have a 10-year-old GE PSF26NGNAWW refrigerator that stopped working. I replaced the main control board (WR55X10942) and everything works

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Refrigerator Side constant at 30 degrees

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM

retiredSFer is on a distinguished road
Default Refrigerator Side constant at 30 degrees
Brand: GE   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a 10-year-old GE PSF26NGNAWW refrigerator that stopped working. I replaced the main control board (WR55X10942) and everything works fine now except the refrigerator side remains at a constant 30 degrees. I set the freezer side to 0 degrees and it holds constant at 0 degrees. I set the refrigerator side to 37 degrees, but it holds constant at 30 degrees, occasionally 29-31degrees. Please help.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

Hi.

Have you red the instructions which came with the control board replacement? You may need to cut one wire to the thermistor.
If you are good on the model number and no adjustments should be done, then most likely there is a broken air damper control in the fresh food side

Part number: WR49X10091

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Fresh Food Section parts for GE PSF26NGNAWW - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon / APP Team View Post
Hi.

Have you red the instructions which came with the control board replacement? You may need to cut one wire to the thermistor.
If you are good on the model number and no adjustments should be done, then most likely there is a broken air damper control in the fresh food side

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Fresh Food Section parts for GE PSF26NGNAWW - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
Thank you for your quick response. According to the installation instructions, the thermistor wire must be cut or elimated on all bottom freezers. I have a side freezer, but will take the cover off and look for a wire in pin 2.

Roger
Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Expert

Hi, Roger.

In the instructions came with the control board there is the list of the model and serial numbers beside the bottom mounts which require the cutting.
You did not respond to the second part of my post mentioning the air damper control and that's where the problem is if the board doesn't need the adjustment.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Hi, Roger.

In the instructions came with the control board there is the list of the model and serial numbers beside the bottom mounts which require the cutting.
You did not respond to the second part of my post mentioning the air damper control and that's where the problem is if the board doesn't need the adjustment.

Simon.
Simon,

I just took the cover off the control board and looked at the pictures I took of my original board before I removed and replaced it. No wires at all in pin 8 and 9 on both new and old board. My serial number starts with LD which is not on the list. It appears that I have a broken air damper control as you mention. Before my refrigerator stopped working I had no problem maintaining the temperatures on both side. Refrigerator stopped working so I replaced the control board and that is when the refrigerator side remained at a constant 30 degrees. I will order a damper control board from you site and see what happens.

Roger
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Expert

Good luck.

Simon.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Good luck.

Simon.

Thank you for your assistance.

Roger
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.