Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Buffalo Joe  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 5:57:27 AM(UTC)
Buffalo Joe

Groups: Registered

Sons Amana side by side fridge tripped breaker, upon reset neither freezer or fridge cool, the compressor does not start or make noise. I shouldnt be looking at this but of course I am. Found a universal type powerstart relay HS410 from Aspon Mfg installed (son did not buy fridge new) with the OEM run capacitor, the main control board at top front of fridge was burnt on back side and blue wire running from board connector to main fridge harness was badly melted. Replaced the comp start device with OEM part, replaced the main control board and replaced blue wire from board to fridge harness. Compressor still does not turn on, fan in upper part of fridge is working and when first powered up it sounded as if a relay in this fan area was clicking on and off. Can you advise? Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:18:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

You may want to start the troubleshooting from testing the compressor. Just follow the instructions from one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...not-cool.html#post281680

Post the results.

Gene.
Buffalo Joe  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:30:14 AM(UTC)
Buffalo Joe

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

You may want to start the troubleshooting from testing the compressor. Just follow the instructions from one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...not-cool.html#post281680

Post the results.

Gene.

Used a DVOM at the 3 compressor terminals, every test showed 0.4 to 0.6 ohms between terminals, also same result when testing from any terminal to ground. I did experience some fluctuation with readings as meter might show 0 then rise but would settle at readings noted. I presume this indicates windings are toast?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:57:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Buffalo Joe Go to Quoted Post
...I presume this indicates windings are toast?...

If you are sure your meter is good and you did everything right then looks like the compressor is bad.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply