Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thunderfan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:47:16 AM(UTC)
thunderfan

Groups: Registered

Hey guys, I stumbled across this site last night when doing some searching after noticing my ice maker was no longer working. Looks like a great site here with tons of useful information, so I registered hoping someone could help me out. After doing some reading I believe the ice maker assembly itself is bad but I'm looking for some confirmation. Anyway, here are the details:

The fridge/freezer is about 5 1/2 years old. The ice and water dispenser in the door works fine. The ice tray currently contains ice but will not drop the cubes. The ice maker "on-off" switch on the right side is in "on" position. When the emitter flap door on the left side is pushed in, I get a solid red light. When the flap is not pushed in and is blocking the optics I get two blinks, pause, two blinks, pause, etc. The only thing I haven't tried is pushing in the emitter flap and the door switch to see what happens. Does that sound like a bad assembly to you guys?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.