Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
diybruce  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:42:10 AM(UTC)
diybruce

Groups: Registered

The icemaker overflowed on our K/A fridge. I turned off the water to the maker. While diagnosing the problem, I added water to the icemaker with a turkey baster and a while later I had ice. Also the optics function is normal - 2 pulses short wait, repeat. The problem determination data on APP website suggested a 3 step diagnostic. 1) H2O pressure might be low (not the case); 2) replace the valve assembly (done today finally after a busy holiday season); 3) replace the icemaker.

Replaced valve assembly, water flows to the water dispenser, no overflowing from the ice maker. However, there is no water flowing TO the icemaker itself. Could it be that the icemaker is in a cycle of "thinking" there is water in the mold and timing out the freeze time before starting the next cycle? If so, how long do I wait this thing out? Or is something else wrong. Please advise.

Thanks a lot!
Bruce
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rickgburton  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:05:35 AM(UTC)
rickgburton

Groups: Expert

OK let's go back to the optics. Open the freezer door and check the status LED. If you see 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay-repeated: Tape the emitter door back so it doesn’t block the beam between the emitter and receiver. If the LED is on steady: Optics is good. 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay: Bad optics Part# 4389102
diybruce  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:12:04 AM(UTC)
diybruce

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: rickgburton Go to Quoted Post
OK let's go back to the optics. Open the freezer door and check the status LED. If you see 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay-repeated: Tape the emitter door back so it doesn’t block the beam between the emitter and receiver. If the LED is on steady: Optics is good. 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay: Bad optics Part# 4389102

Optics with door open 2 blinks; 1 sec delay - repeats. Close emitter door, LED on steady.

What would be the next step?

Thanks, Bruce
rickgburton  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:33:18 AM(UTC)
rickgburton

Groups: Expert

OK Bruce, sounds like the optics is good. Replace the ice maker and that should fix it. Part #2198597
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply