Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cr19  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:21:24 PM(UTC)
cr19

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Just recently, my fridge has been leaking at the fill valve going to the ice maker. I first noticed because the ice bin auger stopped spinning, and when I looked to investigate, I saw a mound of ice forming beneath the fill valve on top of the ice dispenser motor cover. I suspect the water caused the motor to short out, but before fixing that, I need help figuring out what's causing the leak.

The actual ice maker is still functioning normally. I get normal sized ice cubes, and no water leaks into the ice bin. However, when it's time to fill the tray, it looks like the water is rushing up too violently causing some water to splash near the top of the fill valve.

I don't see any cracks on the fill tube, and there is no ice buildup in the fill tube either. Can it be the Water Inlet Valve (W10408179) forcing the water up too fast?

Also for what it's worth, the water dispenser in front works normally. I haven't noticed a change in water pressure when filling a glass of water.

Thanks
cr19 attached the following image(s):
VUy2A.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.