Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GaryVA  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:56:13 AM(UTC)
GaryVA

Groups: Registered

GE Refrigerator model GDS20KCSCBB. About 5 years old. Freezer on bottom. Freezer is 0F,frig is 40F. Cannot get frig to go below 38-40F. Frig temperature sensorreplaced. Fan blows cold air into frig section. How do I defrost or check for icebuildup – though do not expect ice buildup. Damper opens and closes and some air blows. Do I need damper controller, circuit board, etc. Best way to diagnose? What is difference betweenGDS20KCSCBS and same ending in SCBB?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rickgburton  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:42:57 PM(UTC)
rickgburton

Groups: Expert

Push the damper half way closed and unplug the refrigerator to reset the motherboard. Set the temperature controls at 5 and 5 and restore power. The damper door should move immediately after restoring power. You have ten seconds to check it. If the damper door moves, verify the thermistor(s) is within range. (16.3K ohms at 32*F). If the thermistor(s) resistance is within range, replace the motherboard. If the damper door does not move when power is restored, disconnect the harness connector at the damper and use an ohmmeter to measure the resistance between the yellow and red/black wires and between the white/brown and blue/yellow wires. Your meter should show 420 ohms for both readings. If not, replace the damper. If the ohms are correct, disconnect the J3 connector on the motherboard and unplug the machine. Restore power to the machine. Check for 6 VDC between J4 Pin3 (Common) and each of the pins J3-1, J3-2, J3-3 and J3-4. If the VDC in not correct, replace the motherboard.
GaryVA  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:15:16 AM(UTC)
GaryVA

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your reply. I want to be sure. How do I gain access to damper?
rickgburton  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:35:22 AM(UTC)
rickgburton

Groups: Expert

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply