Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ssauer40  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:11:43 AM(UTC)
ssauer40

Groups: Registered

OK, freezer was overcooling, and then fridge is now warm. Happened almost right away. I have purchased may parts from you guys. If you can help me, I'd appreciate it and also get my parts from here again. I'm guessing damper control??

Unit isnt iced over at all. I can hear a fan running, but cant feel any air flow out the back of the fridge where the vent is. Thanks for any help.

Rick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:29:02 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

As you probably know by now the only way the refrigerator side cools is by receiving air from the freezer. Sounds like you have a air flow problem and if the freezer side is not frosted and blocking the air flow I would suspect a problem with the damper as you suggested.
ssauer40  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:42:17 PM(UTC)
ssauer40

Groups: Registered

OK, I had mentioned the evaporator core was iced up almost solid, so no air flow through and up to the fridge (my complaint was ice box so cold, while fridge warms up) and I de-iced the evaporator, thought all was good. Freezer and fridge all working good. About 5 weeks later, fridge gets warm again. Sure enough, evaporator is all iced up again. The blend door at the back of the fridge is working fine. I thought maybe wife left the freezer door ajar, moist air, froze up. But while de-icing, I see this wire that runs down each side of the evaporator core and across the bottom. I was thinking it may be a heater. I checked the parts breakdown, sure enough, its a heater unit.
Whirlpool 67001794 Heater, Evaporator - AppliancePartsPros.com
Have you had this unit fail? Or maybe a solid state controller that operates it failed??? Do you have a service manual on this, give me some resistant check/specs or have you seen this often enough? Is there a diagnostic mode on this unit to check for trouble codes. I'm a dealer (Toyota) by trade, been doing that for over 30 yrs, but without a service manual, the control portion etc is hard to diagnose.

Thanks in advance for any help you may give me.

Rick
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply