Discuss

Unusual Ice Maker Problem

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I have a Kenmore Elite Side by Side with the standard Whirlpool ice maker. The infrared blinks correctly. The ice

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Unusual Ice Maker Problem

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 AM

danwd1 is on a distinguished road
Default Unusual Ice Maker Problem
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Kenmore Elite Side by Side with the standard Whirlpool ice maker. The infrared blinks correctly. The ice maker motor wont run when I jump T & H. I tested line voltage at the ice maker and found 98 volts. I removed the ice maker and tested the connector at the freezer wall, 98 volts. I connected the L1 & L2 at the connector on the ice maker that plugs into the freezer wall connector to outlet voltage of 125 volts, jumped T & H and the motor ran. I removed the jumper wire and the motor completed 1 full cycle and stopped. I assume that the low ( 98 volts ) at the freezer connector is too low to run the 120 volt motor. I can't find a wiring schematic but nonetheless if the voltage is that low, that is why it wont run. Any thoughts? I did try a new motor / module assembly and still no run.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.