Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Refrigerator & Freezer Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/)
-   -   ice melting (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/501842-ice-melting.html)

glennbcool 10-02-2012 07:02 AM

ice melting
 
Replaced mother board and defrost termostat problem still exists ice refreezes and ice crystals forms on food

Gene 10-02-2012 05:26 PM

What is the exact measured temperature in the freezer?

Gene.

glennbcool 10-03-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 773267)
What is the exact measured temperature in the freezer?

Gene.

It goes above 32 degrees when in defrost but not all the time

Gene 10-03-2012 01:31 PM

Replace the evaporator thermistor (on top of the evaporator). It controls the defrost cycle temperature.

- The thermistor Part number: WR55X10025

Part number: WR55X10025

Gene.

glennbcool 10-04-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 773423)
Replace the evaporator thermistor (on top of the evaporator). It controls the defrost cycle temperature.

- The thermistor Part number: WR55X10025

Part number: WR55X10025

Gene.

Thanks I'll try that,I repair -80 degree revco freezers at work and this household refrig is kicking my butt!!!!
Glenn

glennbcool 10-09-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennbcool (Post 773546)
Thanks I'll try that,I repair -80 degree revco freezers at work and this household refrig is kicking my butt!!!!
Glenn

Thanks Gene thermistor did the job!!!!

Gene 10-09-2012 01:03 PM

You are welcome Glenn. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17