Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tony first  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:02:52 PM(UTC)
tony first

Groups: Registered

:confused: I am attempting to troubleshoot a defrost problem on a GE Profile Side-by-side. I downloaded a repair manual from the site, but it isn't my exact model. My model number is GSS22SGPA SS. I can jumper the output connector on the motherboard and cause the defrost heater to heat. I suspected the motherboard, and replaced it. After a few weeks, the problem re-appeared. I metered the evap thermistor, and it seems OK, with the resistance changing when I warm it with my hand or apply ice to it. My problem is tracing the leads back to the connector on the motherboard. The wire colors and pin numbers on my prints do not match what I have. I have also attempted to use the diagnostic procedure with the temp control buttons, but the manual refers to a "hold" button which I don't seem to have. I feel I could troubleshoot the problem if I had the correct manual or information. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.