Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
heathk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:24:25 PM(UTC)
heathk

Groups: Registered

I have a LG LRSC26923TT and have had it for 3 years. Starting about 6 months ago, it occasionally would spray water inside the freezer as it attempted to fill the tray. Then the water dispenser quit working. The freezer fill tube was completely frozen so I defrosted the whole thing for about 18 hours. Long story boring, the water still didn't work so I replaced the water valve in the back (the main valve was corroded). Now the water dispenser works great, but the ice maker fill tube is still dripping causing ice to build up in it. To top it off, the ice cube tray seems to have gotten stuck in the half-empty spot.

1.) What can I do to make the fill tube stop dripping and freezing?

2.) Is there a way to troubleshoot the ice maker part to see what's wrong with it?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SublimeMasterJW  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:13:03 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
An ice cube will jam occaissionally. Use a hair dryer to melt the ice cube until the ice maker starts to move.
applianceman  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:22:26 PM(UTC)
applianceman

The water valve is causing the fill tube to clog with ice. Remove the ice out of the fill tube and replace the water valve. Hope this helps!! Refrigerator repair guide
heathk  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:27:12 PM(UTC)
heathk

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
The water valve is causing the fill tube to clog with ice. Remove the ice out of the fill tube and replace the water valve. Hope this helps!! Refrigerator repair guide

The water valve has already been replaced just a few days ago. Any other ideas?
heathk  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:30:09 PM(UTC)
heathk

Originally Posted by: SublimeMasterJW Go to Quoted Post
An ice cube will jam occaissionally. Use a hair dryer to melt the ice cube until the ice maker starts to move.

I didn't see any ice blocking it. Is it possible that the gear is going bad?
applianceman  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:38:01 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Cut the icemaker off and remove the line from the back tube and watch it. Does water drip out the line?
heathk  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:02:07 PM(UTC)
heathk

Cut the icemaker off and remove the line from the back tube and watch it. Does water drip out the line?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cut the icemaker off'. Are you saying pull the line from the back of the refridgerator at the top where it goes into the freezer? If that's what you're asking and if it does still leak, did I get a bad valve that was doing the exact same thing my orginal valve did after 3 years, or is there something else?

Thanks.
applianceman  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:07:27 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Yes that is what I mean. I only told you to cut the icemaker off just in case it called for water while you had the line off.

I can’t see it being anything other than the water valve if water drips from the line but I couldn’t look your model number up on this site. I will try another site to see if can find a parts breakdown so that I can see if I am missing something.
applianceman  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:17:06 PM(UTC)
applianceman

I did find a parts breakdown but I still say water valve. Disconnect the wires from the water valve leaving the water on and if the water still drips you know for sure the valve is bad and if that stops it the icemaker is bad.
heathk  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:52:04 AM(UTC)
heathk

I did find a parts breakdown but I still say water valve. Disconnect the wires from the water valve leaving the water on and if the water still drips you know for sure the valve is bad and if that stops it the icemaker is bad.

If that's the case, that really sucks considering I just replaced the water valve on Saturday ($100). So, if the ice tray fill tube has small clumps of ice in it that gradually build over time and eventually block the line and spray water all over the freezer?

On a separate issue, I wonder if the occasional water missing the tray and splashing inside the freezer is from the ice cube tray not getting into position. Twice now I've opened the freezer to see the tray either all the upside down or partially. At first I thought I just caught it mid-cycle. But five minutes later it's still in that position. Checking an hour later it's back in the correct position.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply