Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bluesette  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:29:48 AM(UTC)
bluesette

Groups: Registered

I changed water filter about 30 days ago. Now when dispensing water (ice maker/dispenser is having no issues) fridge makes vibrating noise and water flow is s-l-o-w. So being the handy couple we try to be we replaced the dual water valve, 80 bucks later, nope not the right part. Problem remained unchanged. So I did what I should have done in the first place - removed the water filter. I put in the blue bypass cap and water dispensed fine again. I REMOVED BYPASS CAP. When I did I noticed water dripping from water filter head housing. If you're looking straight on at it, there is a blue circle and on the top and bottom of blue circle what looks like white screws. The water appears to be dripping from the white screw area. It has a pretty steady drip. So I am confused, does this mean housing is bad OR do these things have O rings that go bad and could cause this? Loving your site and hoping for help. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:06:01 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Based on the info you provided the filter housing should be replaced Part number: 67006524
Part number: 67006524

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Maytag MSD2651KGW REF - SXS/I&W | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
bluesette  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:46:11 AM(UTC)
bluesette

Thank you for the response. I ordered the part, are there instructions for installation? Is this an easy enough install for homeowner?
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:56:21 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Should not be any problems.

Simon.
bluesette  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:12:45 AM(UTC)
bluesette

I ordered the water head filter housing from your website and while attempting the repair the water filter head housing, we broke the plate filter backing hinge and now needs it needs replaced. I see it on your site, it is as follows.
Item Number: AP4013990
Manufacturer's Number: 12688503

We have no idea how the one in our fridge comes off. Before I order the above referenced part from you, I want to make sure we are able to remove existing one. Do you have any instructions on removal of existing plate filter backing? Thank you.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:59:11 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

This is very uncommon job. There is no instructions i could find. Use your common sense. Should be couple of screws holding it.

Good luck. Post the results.

Simon.
bluesette  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:14:06 PM(UTC)
bluesette

lucky us. there are no screws I used a mirror to look at that. only think i could think is that maybe it slides on a track. would you mind looking at the two pictures of the part on your website and see what you think.

finally, is there anywhere I can find the information on removing these.
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:18:55 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Not sure, but looks like it just clips in. Get a new part and that should help to figure this out.

Simon.
BobMinPA  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:45:50 AM(UTC)
BobMinPA

Am in the process of installing the water filter head shown in this post. The line to the water supply is clear -- connects with a compression fitting. The other line enters a plastic fitting that I'm unfamiliar with. Seems to be a plastic collar with, perhaps, a stem that enters a plastic pipe leading to the icemaker and water dispenser. -- not sure how to disconnect the current line -- pull, push, pry. Have a feeling the wrong choice will not be good for the connection.

Any help appreciated.

The connection of concern is to the dual water inlet valve -- AP4080862 -- enters a blue plastic collar into the green plastic pipe
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply