Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rick5472  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 6:05:27 AM(UTC)
Rick5472

Groups: Registered

I have a Haier chest freezer model BD120G. I found out the green power light was out and I replaced that but my freezer's compressor was running continuously because the "Quick Freeze" switch was on. After replacing the green power light I turned off the quick freeze switch and the unit never came back on. I believe that the thermostat is bad because the unit works in quick freeze mode I guess it bypasses the thermostat.
My problem is how to replace the thermostat. I cannot figure out how to get the plastic mounting plate off without breaking it. I can see the thermostat and internal works from the access panel on the right side. I appreciate any suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

beckyandjohn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:48:10 AM(UTC)
beckyandjohn

Groups: Registered

My experience is that the cover plate is held in place by four internal plastic clips; you WILL break at least two, in order to remove the plate...use a clear cement to re-attach.

You may have a second problem: the thermostat probe must be removed from a tube in the freezer...and the probe is cemented in place! Applying pressure to the tube doesn't work, and if you break the tube, goodbye freezer.

Haier tech told me to pull on the tube...didn't work. Asked how to bypass the cement problem and had no more communication from the tech.

A related problem: if you want to replace a worn gasket, you must buy the entire door from Haier...they don't sell just the gasket!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply